Cosmetic dentistry can incorporate a number of procedures to give you the beautiful smile you have always dreamed of having. Various types of cosmetic dentistry may include:
- Porcelain veneers
- Crowns or caps
- Gum grafts
- Teeth whitening
- Gum depigmentation
- Gingivectomy or enameloplasty — the removal of gums or tooth structure
Examples of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Whitening — Also known as tooth bleaching, this is one of the most common types of cosmetic dental procedures. In-office treatments remain far more effective than over-the-counter tooth whitening solutions.
- Tooth reshaping — This procedure involves the removal of parts of the tooth enamel to improve the tooth’s appearance. Tooth reshaping could be used to alter the shape, position, or length of a tooth, as well as correct small chips.
- Dental bridges — Also known as pontics, dental bridges are false teeth that are fused between crowns to fill in missing teeth. Fixed bridges should not be mistaken for dentures, as they cannot be removed.
- Bonding — In this procedure, an enamel-like dental composite is applied to the surface of a tooth and then sculpted into place before being hardened and polished.
- Veneers — Extremely thin porcelain laminates are bonded onto the teeth to disguise discolored teeth or close gaps.
- Gum lift — In this type of cosmetic dental procedure, the gum line is raised and sculpted. The tissue and underlying bones may need to be reshaped in order to create the appearance of more symmetrical teeth.
- Bite reclamation — This procedure can be a good solution for patients who have suffered from years of excessive wear to their teeth due to acid reflux or teeth grinding.
COSMETIC DENTAL MATERIALS
“Most dental fillings and other types of tooth restorations were made of amalgam, gold, or other types of materials in the past. Today, cosmetic dental work can be made completely of composite materials or porcelain to imitate the resemblance of a natural tooth more closely.
Contact our office today to find out more about available cosmetic dentistry procedures and how you can improve the look of your smile.”Victory Smiles
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.